Oh, so lazy.
The past couple weeks have felt very stale. I know, I did have the longest work/class week ever, auditioned and won a part in an exceedingly good play, filmed one short movie and auditioned well for another, and then was sick for another week, but I don't really felt like I DID anything. No other auditions in the works. Gotta stay in the game.
Today I forced myself to work on my script. I keep making minor fixes, knowing there's holes but not really seeing any of them. Maybe I should let someone *gasp* read it. Then I can force myself to start on the next one.
I've spent a lot of time reading first timers scripts. You can have a lot of fun reading them here. Some are incredibly good. Some need a little good feedback and they'll be incredibly good. A lot are examples of what not to do. Those are the ones I learn best from. Like a lot of the bad no-budget movies I've ordered off the internet. I love them for their balls, hate their execution, and know deep in my soul that I could make something a million times better with less money. That's what Vince and I are setting out to do.
Whoa, digress. Basically I don't want to be that guy who thinks just because he put something out there he should be rewarded. I'm aiming for something more than passable, which is why I'm so hard on myself. It's also a reason why I DON'T do it more. It seems like such a high point to aim for, sometimes I wonder if I have any business at all trying. (Stupid, I'm aware.)
I still don't know much more about my friend's production, other than that he was cast in a VERY good role. The group has been around for at least the last four or five years, and are non-profit. I've seen several of their productions. Uh, that's all I'll say here. My friend is an excellent performer, and neither desperate for parts nor a moron. Listening to the plans for the production, I can see why he's excited. I thought it odd myself that all these stipulations were being added. I wouldn't agree to it myself, so I think I must have heard it wrong, or heard a wrong interpretation. I'll let you know, blogwatchers.
Oh yeah, Jonathan, thanks for coming. I AM reading your blog, but it's taking a while. Reading through five years of postings is taking longer than a week. Welcome to my blogroll.
This was supposed to be a short post.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
What a GREAT link! I shared it with a writer friend of mine that will probably enjoy it just as much. Thanks for sharing.
It always seems like the poorly written, cheaply filmed projects are the ones that get made in the no-budget industry. I hope that trend changes.
Post a Comment