Thursday, November 30, 2006

You see? I AM addicted...

...but I had to put this down because it's ended up being a pretty cool day. I got an e-mail from the director of a short film I did for Emerson recently. Basically I was asked to do a part for another short. Reading the script, it's a great part, really intense, a great chance to showcase my range.

But they're filming it next weekend.

Here's basically my schedule this coming week. I go in to work Sunday morning. Between that and this class I have to take I will see my home for possibly two hours between then and Thursday night. That's about 105 hours straight. Plus classes from 8-5 Friday and Saturday as well. Which means I'd get out of class Friday (hopefully early) for the two hour drive to Boston (one and a half if traffic's good) Plus Sunday. Then go back to work on Monday and Wednesday, and then hopefully sleep sometime before 2007. I sent him what I was working with and he said he should be able to figure it out. Sweet.

Then I remembered.

I'm scheduled for an audition Sunday afternoon. Balls. Balls balls balls balls shit balls. It's in Boston, so it should be close. It shouldn't take long. But doesn't that seem a bit, ah, tight?

But I bet I could do it.

I don't want to cancel the audition. I haven't read the script but:

1) I love the story idea.
2) They seem like they have their sh#t together.
3) Although I have no idea, it seems like some money might come along the way.
4) I've been emailing back and forth with them for a month now, and they seem excited to meet me.

I don't want to refuse the short because:

1) I've worked with these people and I know they're quality.
2) It's a great part.
3) I like them.
4) They seem to like me.
5) A lot of these people will be in L.A. soon enough. (Helloooo, networking!)

So I email back telling him basically how f$cked things are but I'm willing to do it if he is, maybe we can work something out with the audition. I just heard back, he's gonna try to make it work, I'll get a call tomorrow night hopefully.

Then I realized I was planning to audition for The Crucible Sunday night, but let's call that doubtful now. Looks like I'll have to do it Thursday night. The night I was planning a coma.

I know, I know, plenty of people would LOVE to have this kind of quandary, right? I'm not actually complaining, I just don't want to see myself in the mirror on Dec 14th, the first day off I'll have.

No comments: