Yeah, I never made a (IV) in the last post about the show. Sue me.
So as I always do when preparing for a show I scour the internet for information about other productions, I found some stuff on "Cuckoo's Nest."
Note: Some people will not watch a movie, another production, look at pictures, or hear stories about other productions of a show once they start doing it. They feel it will affect their interpretation, and don't want to be accused of "copying" another version, or they feel it will alter their 'vision.'
Happily, I have no such qualms. In fact, when I hear someone talk about their 'vision' my brain instantly goes somewhere else, like how long until I need my next oil change. If you want inspiration, go get it. If you think you're copying someone, stop. It's not like you're going to build the crazy bridge/junk thing in Les Mis and suddenly wonder where you got the inspiration from.
I haven't found much. I was looking for clips of other productions, and mostly got a couple high school versions that were played for laughs. I can reject those outright. There was a great piece on Charlie Rose with Gary Sinise that has a couple scenes but the sound is so choppy it's unwatchable.
I DID find this. I guess I've never looked at it quite that way before. I can't say I agree that was the intent, I mean Ken Kesey was so f*cked on LSD he probably had very little idea what he writing period. But I'm willing to concede the point, if you look at it from that direction.
Thankfully, most of the time, I don't.
I've been told by more than one person that the link doesn't show where the theater itself is. Try here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I can see part of what the review is trying to say... although they certainly went down quite the dark path which seems like maybe they over analyzed.... JUST a tad.
"It's not like you're going to build the crazy bridge/junk thing in Les Mis and suddenly wonder where you got the inspiration from." It's quotes like these that make me check your blog incessantly for updates.
Post a Comment