Monday, September 24, 2007

It stands for Hates People


I had a laptop. It wasn't great, but it was nice. It allowed me to play some of my older games when I was at work (I'm totally a gaming addict, and I don't care) and I could get the real internet and not the crappy work internet that doesn't let you do anything actually useful. I could write on it, stay connected, you know, it did the things computers do.

Then it died.

I won't go into details. Really, I can't because it makes me physically ill to think about it, but basically HP sucks the big one. Service and Support should really be Shitting on Suckers. Not only was it impossible to understand them, but just when you think the next call can't get any worse, they went and screwed it up more. I took it to someone and they told me what I didn't want but needed to hear: she's dead, Jim. Cost more to fix than replace. that was more than a week ago.

TODAY I get a call from a Customer Service Manager from here in the good ol' U.S. of A. Here's what I basically told him:

"While I do not hold you personally responsible, your company's claims of caring about your customers is completely invalid. If I had to wait this long to reach someone who could understadn me, you've failed. The BBB already has my complaint. I even sucked it up and bought a new HP from Best Buy and guess what. I'm in the parking lot right now to return it. It runs like a donkey, it already locked up twice. I contacted your crappy tech support a week ago and haven't heard from them. Thank you, HP, for sending me back to Dell."

To Best Buy's credit, they didn't even try to charge a restocking fee.

In lighter news, I saw the lady friend's production of Baby yesterday. Amazing. God, that girl's good. I barely even liked the music before yesterday, despite auditioning for it. It's also interesting to be at a cast party for a show you weren't in. I've done this before, but this is the first time I've really thought about this. Every production has its own secret language, sayings and instances that you had to be a part of to understand. I didn't know it, and I miss it.

Lord please, don't give me the theater bug again. I'm barely done with all the $%^&ing weddings.

Also, welcome Stephon to my list of blogs. Just looking at how long you've had it, I'll still be trying to catch up on your blog when I'm having my first bypass.

2 comments:

Chris Benham said...

Ever siince HP bought Compaq they've sucked big time. Go Gateway. Or Apple.

Iziezi said...

Hey krt,

Thank you, honestly, for your comment on my blog regarding being malleable. Most of the time I am, I just got over attached this time without realizing I had. And thanks for the reminder not to think so much, I definitely need to hear that from time to time! =)

--Isabelle