Saturday, March 28, 2009

Crawling towards the next thing

Bad blogger. No treats.

I could tell you how exhausting the whole process of Moon Over Buffalo turned out to be. I could tell you how amazing it is when you get amazing actors playing realized characters. I could tell you how inspirational it is to sit in the back of a dark theater and watch those actors create moments you never thought of, never rehearsed. I could tell you how wonderfully painful it is to just let go of it when you sit back there and release all control.

I could tell you how we were supposed to operate at a loss. How we were told that it was OK to operate at a loss, it was expected. I could tell you how we eventually profited over a thousand dollars and that was almost what I wanted to happen. (I wanted at least two thousand.) I could tell you how we tried new promotionals to get younger crowds to start wanting to see theater again. I could tell you how all of that was rolling a boulder uphill. I could tell you how new ideas are not welcome, and directors who are ready to roll through inefficiency wears out his welcome. I could tell you how I never bothered to say, "See? I was right."

But the truth is I'm too tired, and ready to move on.

For all those reasons and more I'm stuck in this cycle of contemplation. Why aren't I doing more? Why haven't I done more? The concentration I fall into doing these things turns out to be a trap.

I had this image on my head last night. I was in some gigantic space, sitting on the floor. I was building something. Something small and beautiful and fragile. Something that needed nothing less than all of my concentration. My vision became tunneled, everything else swept away. I never noticed the gigantic machines rolling around behind me in the darkness. Giant steel doors with massive locks closed behind me, I never heard. I sat back finally, this thing I made finally complete. I watched it melt away, drift apart like it had to. I stood up and found myself cut off. Again.

(Apologies. We remove ourselves from the land of emo and return you to our regular programming.)

Anywho, houses were rocked, actors had fun, money was made. It was a winner in all respects. The next thing? Who knows. I still have a shitload of writing to do and now the time to do it. Maybe next year another thing (keep looking for good plays, suggestions are welcome). As a matter of fact, you tell me your favorite play and I'll read it, how's that?

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that your play went so well! *Congratulations!*

Wow, what a profound dream... I think a lot of actors get caught in that same trap, you have to put all of your time and energy into whichever project you're working on...

My favorite play is The Woolgatherer by William Mastrione (sp?) I'd love the opportunity to play Rose. I did a scene from it in one of my acting classes, the climactic scene edited down for time, and I know I fell short of the mark in my emotional performance. I didn't really trust that my scene partner would be there to catch me in the scene, which was sad, because he was a good friend.

Laura said...

very cool blog I am following you and I hope you can do the same! Thanks :)

L

http://leadingladyla.blogspot.com/

MomAAD said...

Kevin, it's July and time to move on. Please update!

Anonymous said...

viagra online uk viagra cheap buy viagra in london england how does viagra work how does viagra work cheap viagra canada viagra 34434 buy viagra cheap viagra sample viagra for cheap viagra free samples viagra 34434 generic viagra india viagra buy

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Anonymous said...

I just found the website who discuss about
many
home based business opportunity

If you want to know more here it is
home business ideas

Anonymous said...

Wanna Get HIGH? Running out of Supply? Then Check Out My Shit!
>>>>> http://bestlegalhighsdrugs.info <<<<
If you have questions, you can email my boy at online.mentor [at] gmail.com


[size=1] IGNORE THIS----------------------------
nufo alvariuss slavia divvinorum [url=http://bestlegalhighsdrugs.info] natural highs [/url] rkatom begonia [url=http://buybudshoplegalherbs.info] legal herb[/url] meth red kratom detox [url=HTTP://BUYINGMARIJUANASALE.INFO] Purchase Ganja [/url] buufo alvariius llegal bdus [url=HTTP://BUYLEGALBUDSCOMREVIEWS.INFO] buds legal [/url] byfo akvarius pass urine drug test [url=HTTP://CANNABISHIGH-PILLSHIGH.INFO] Marijuana Highs[/url] amantia muscari sallvia divniorum [url=HTTP://HOWTOBUYWEED-BUYINGWEED.INFO] how to buy weed online[/url] saliva divinorym buf alvvarius [url=http://legalbud.drugreviews.info] legal buds [/url]

hashish book drug testing services [url=http://legalweed.lamodalatina.com] legalweeds [/url] amaniga muscraia budo alvaeius [url=http://buysalvia.lamodalatina.com] buy salvia plants[/url] Salvia Smoking Tips ananita muacaria

bufk lvarius heroin availability [url=http://legalweed.lamodalatina.com] legal weed [/url] hala hashish bufp alvaruus [url=http://buysalviacheap.com] get salvia extracts[/url] urine alcohol testing about crystal meth
[url=http://guaranteedheightincrease.info/]height increase[/url] - http://guaranteedheightincrease.info/
height increase - http://guaranteedheightincrease.info
[url=http://provenpenisenlargement.info/]proven penis enhancement[/url] - http://provenpenisenlargement.info/
proven penis lengthening - http://provenpenisenlargement.info/
[url=http://provenskincareadvice.info/]skin care techniques[/url] - http://provenskincareadvice.info/
skin care techniques - http://provenskincareadvice.info/
[url=http://getrichgambling.info/]get riches gambling[/url] - http://getrichgambling.info/
get riches gambling - http://getrichgambling.info/
[url=http://herpesoutbreak-gentalwarts.info/]herpes outbreaks[/url] - http://herpesoutbreak-gentalwarts.info/
herpes outbreaks - http://herpesoutbreak-gentalwarts.info/
[url=http://STOP-PREMATURE-EJACULATION-SOLUTIONS.INFO]cure premature ejaculation[/url] - http://STOP-PREMATURE-EJACULATION-SOLUTIONS.INFO
stop premature ejaculation - http://STOP-PREMATURE-EJACULATION-SOLUTIONS.INFO
[url=http://3GMOBILEPHONESFORSALE.INFO]used mobile phone for sale[/url] - http://3GMOBILEPHONESFORSALE.INFO
used mobile phone for sale - http://3GMOBILEPHONESFORSALE.INFO
[url=http://internationaloddities.reviewsdiscountsonline.com] international oddities review[/url]
internationaloddities scams
[url=http://drobuds.reviewsdiscountsonline.com]dro bud reviews [/url]
dro buds review
[url=http://bestacnetreatmentreviews.info] acne treatment review[/url] http://bestacnetreatmentreviews.info
acne treatment reviews http://bestacnetreatmentreviews.info
[url=HTTP://LEARN-HYPNOSIS-ONLINE.INFO]learn hypnotism online[/url]
learn hypnosis online

Anonymous said...

Genial dispatch and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you on your information.

Anonymous said...

[url=http://seghan.ru/go.php?sid=2][img]http://banners.servized.com/current/gif/tam_720x90_1.gif[/img][/url]

[url=http://old-drugstore.net/]What is/are Zovirax Tablets?[/url]
What are acyclovir tablets or capsules?
ACYCLOVIR (Zovirax®) treats standard types of viral infections, specifically herpes infections. Acyclovir
intent not medicament herpes infections; it desire cure the sores mend faster and help to ease the pang or discomfort.
Sometimes acyclovir is given to employees avert the infection from coming back. Acyclovir also treats shingles
and chickenpox infections. Generic acyclovir tablets and capsules are available.

What should I tell my health care provider ahead I gain possession of this medicine?
They needfulness to identify if you have planned any of these conditions:

•dehydration
•neurological disease
•kidney murrain
•seizures (convulsions)
•an peculiar or allergic resistance to acyclovir, ganciclovir, valacyclovir, valganciclovir, other medicines, foods, dyes, or preservatives
•in the pudding club or distressing to settle pregnant
•breast-feeding



[url=http://best-drugstore.aoaoaxxx.ru/][img]http://i079.radikal.ru/0910/b9/3f666eb40896.jpg[/img][/url]
























[url= ]prescription Zoviraxcod online Zovirax [/url]
buy Zovirax 10mgbuy Zovirax 20mg
[url= ]buy Zovirax 5mgbuy Zovirax on line [/url]
buy Zovirax genericbuy Zovirax custom
[url= ]buy canada Zoviraxbuy Zovirax without prescription [/url]
buy Zovirax non prescriptionbuy Zovirax no prescription
[url= ]buy Zovirax online without prescriptionbuy Zovirax pills [/url]
buy Zovirax pharmacybuy Zovirax pharmacies
[url= ]canadian pharmacygeneric Zovirax prices [/url]
buying generic Zoviraxbuy discount Zovirax
[url= ]Zovirax generic pricepurchase cheap Zovirax online [/url]
Zovirax online discountmouth dissolving generic Zovirax
[url= ]cheap generic Zoviraxand Zovirax sex [/url]
buy Zovirax generic onlineZovirax com
[url= ]Zovirax drugZovirax order [/url]
Zovirax ukZovirax sample
[url= ]what is Zoviraxbest Zovirax price [/url]
tropocer contra ZoviraxZovirax for order
[url= ]Zovirax cheapZovirax 20mg [/url]
taking and Zovirax togetherfree Zovirax

Barb said...

Time to update!!

Anonymous said...

[url=http://seghan.ru/go.php?sid=35][img]http://s001.radikal.ru/i194/1001/f2/3b8e742581a0.jpg[/img][/url]












[url=http://usuarios.multimania.es/rbvrwug/]buying tax free cigarettes [/url]
you buy duty free cigarettes where to buy taxed cigarettes in nys online buy cigarettes online legally
[url=http://membres.multimania.fr/soutyen/]buy cigarettes in canada [/url]
order kretek international sweet dream cigarettes order eclipse cigarettes buy cheap cigarettes from
[url=http://membres.multimania.fr/thorwcl/]cigarettes cheap cigarettes buy tobacco [/url]
order kretek international sweet dream cigarettes buying cigarettes online buy carlton cigarettes online
[url=http://membres.multimania.fr/ysleehf/]buy cigarettes in salamanca ny [/url]
buy a case of cigarettes buy quest cigarettes online buy barclay cigarettes made in europe
[url=http://membres.multimania.fr/enemgne/]where to buy cigarette tobacco [/url]
buy cheap cigarette dirt mail order cigarettes free shipping buy camel exotics cigarettes
[url=http://membres.multimania.fr/dnnuctg/]buy belmont cigarettes online [/url]
buying cigarettes in bulk illegal to buy cigarettes online buy cigarettes using a credit card
[url=http://utenti.multimania.it/peexcal/]buy discount cigarettes com [/url]
where to buy cheap cigarettes online buy cheap cigarette online buy polish cigarettes

Anonymous said...

I read a article under the same title some time ago, but this articles quality is much, much better. How you do this?

Anonymous said...

Nice post and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you for your information.

Anonymous said...

Good post and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you for your information.

Will said...

good work! this is it. this is the life we've chosen for ourselves.

isn't it the best