Hi. I'm aware it's been a while. I feel like I've been eating a bunch of sh!t sandwiches lately and communicating on a fundamental level has been ...difficult. No worries. I'm resilient if nothing else.
So the half-marathon was a wild success. My shin splints had been acting up all week. I thought it would be thirteen miles of pain. I didn't care. If i had to crawl I was going to finish. When I lined up I was a huge bundle of nerves, but when the running started there was no pain at all. Never during the run did my shins feel a second of pain. It was like having a weight taken off my back.
Now so you know, it's STILL thirteen miles of pain, but pain I can get with. I was trained to the best of what I could accomplish. I had the goal I told everybody I'd be okay with. Then I had a secret goal, something to push for but not have to share my disappointment if I didn't get it. Well, I finished twelve minutes ahead of my secret goal so staying I was ecstatic was understatement. Now it's on to my next big goal. A marathon next year.
Other news, I write. And I wrote some more. I could be putting more effort into it but everything feels so 'hiatus' right now.
I've also been thinking about directing theater, god help me. For some reason I keep going back to the show Bug. Anything that ends with main characters dousing themselves in gasoline...I'm down with it. Never seen the movie, don't care to.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Read the preview of Bug..interesting. Don't see the Country Players getting into it.
I am so in admiration of your diligence to the running. The best I can do is stand on the side and pass out clackers and t-shirts from Dunkin Donuts. I wish I had the drive that it takes to put one foot in front of the other at a rapid pace for more than 2 or 3 miles at a time.
You are a rockstar.
Post a Comment