So yesterday was one of those totally bizarre, awesome, weird days that I have to tell you about.
The lady friend and myself trekked out to the Boston area to do a day of extra work in the as yet untitled film by starring a very famous funny person. It takes place in a mall.
Extras holding/sign in was in a gigantic tent outside. We get in line, probably extras #262 and #263 out of 300. There's so many people I figure I gotta know at least one or two from my last experience doing an extra gig in September, so I'm scanning the crowd. That's when I see her. It CAN'T be her, but it looks so much like her, I gotta know.
I lean in to the lady friend, "Look at her...do you think?"
"Sneak a look at her sign in sheet and make sure."
So I sneak a look over her shoulder thinking if I get caught doing this it will be another in a loooong list of embarrassing moments. Fortunately I am smooth like 007 and got the name. Yeah, it really was her. The lady friend gives me the thumbs up, go for it.
Nervous like a schoolboy I go for it.
"Um, excuse me...Kat?"
"Yeeees?"
I can see the lack of recognition, and I can swear I hear her mentally preparing the judo chop.
"I'm Kevin..."
Still nothing.
"...an actor darkly."
That's when the light bulb goes off. Yay!
And so a totally random event kicked off a day of complete tomfoolery. We ran into E, who was my partner in crime on the last gig, and made a new friend and the five of us spent the day cracking each other up. It was so bizarre, we were kinda like old friends, just without the ever having been in the same place part.
And in case any Magickat readers were wondering, she is just as (actually even more) funny, charming, sarcastic, effin' hilarious, beautiful,witty, sweet, and warm as she reads in her blog. She's now promised to come to Cuckoo's Nest so that's one more reason why I can't suck, but at least we got to meet before the show itself. Which leads me to...
Update...
We are now moving to the final week of production. Tonight's rehearsal was the last outside of the performance space, and by Monday we'll have a set to work with. I am excited and terrified at the same time. I'm excited because the cast looks so good I'm overwhelmed. I'm terrified because now I wonder if I can measure up to them.
I haven't really talked about it much, but I'm kind of shitting myself. Not in a stage fright, oh-I'm-gonna-stink shitting myself. More like a hope-I'm doing-it-right shitting myself. I've been free to say what I like during rehearsals. Mostly it's about traps that I find myself falling into and seeing others fall in as well, but I hope I'm putting my money where my mouth is. We go back to rehearsing on Sunday, and I hope all I'm doing is putting finishing touches on the character. I can't see the forest for the trees.
Right now I can't tell.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Don't shit yourself - you are going to be superb, I know it. I could tell from our joking aroundness you have a knack for sliding right into a character.
Oh snap... have you heard? I am SOOOO happy we met!!! I'm still smiling. It's so silly.
Post a Comment