So last week I had been to precisely zero rehearsals. Most canceled due to weather, one big one I never wrote in my calendar, so didn't know there WAS a rehearsal until the next day's email. "We missed you last night," came from the director. Consternation on my face, I check my little calendar. Nope, no rehearsal there. Then I check the emailed schedule. Hey look, there's a rehearsal I never wrote down.
And I felt horrible. I'm a pain in the ass about scheduling enough I don't want to miss the ones I DO get to go to. So to make it up I locked myself in a room for the weekend and got off book. I had about twenty pages done, but there were fifty more to go. Now that's done, all I have to worr yabout is this damn character thing.
Rehearsal this week were, in a word, awesome. It just keeps getting better, and we've added a fun new element...
We're drinking together.
Two nights this week so far a bunch of us have made it to the nearest bar, and several of us were there when the lights went off.
It's too damn scary that it's going so well.
In other news, I did a spec commercial today. Actually two at once, but it was great fun and they should be done in a week or two, so hopefully they will be someplace online for you to see them. They're very funny "Office"-ey type stuff.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I know this will sound like I am an alcoholic, but sometimes I think the best way for a cast to bond is over some cocktails or suds. It bonds the group somehow.
All groupd that rely on each other seem to do it: Actors, pirates.... well... that's all I can think of right now.
Post a Comment