Saturday, April 21, 2007

Opening Night

The thrill of opening night. If you haven't done it, you wouldn't know. If you have, I don't need to describe it to you. I always try to steal a second on stage before the house opens, just a second of quiet.

Last night was exactly the performance I was hoping for. Everybody ramped it up a notch. The audience was smallish, but we were received more than extremely well. I couldn't be happier. At that last moment before the lights die, I knew without a doubt that I am glad, truly, deeply glad, to have been a part of this show.

Now let's hope I don't screw the pooch in the next week and a half.

2 comments:

magickat said...

Congrats on a successful opening night. I hope the rest of the performances go as well if not better!

I agree with you about taking a moment to be on the stage before the show. Quietly and alone. I am the same way. I just like to be on the space by myself and think about how I am going to work with it.

Iziezi said...

Just stopping by to say "Hi!" Glad to hear opening night went well...