I didn't get cast in a film I was looking forward to. Sounded neat, had a ton of potential. I got the audition through people I'd worked with before. The audition went well, at least I thought it did, and it sounded as if I had the part by the time I walked out the door.
Got the email yesterday. Thanks for coming, but sorry.
First, I was just amazed to hear one way or the other. Very rarely have I gotten any kind of word from the director/production crew if I don't get cast. At least I know now, and don't have to wonder if my schedule is going to be juggled again. (This reminds me of something I need to write later. Don't let me forget, blog.)
Seems like lately I've had some fairy-tale casting. I haven't been turned down for much, if anything, in the last three months. I really thought I had this one in the bag. It's a nice attitude check. I certainly don't take it personally, and I'm not upset at all. (Mildly relieved I don't have to "make that weekend work.")
I have been lazy to the extreme. By lazy I mean I only spend two hours a day learning Dreamweaver, one hour on Final Cut, and two hours trying to get my home studio working again. (Curse Aardvark Audio for going bankrupt!) I really should be cranking out some product, REALLY need to be writing again.
Really need to kick myself in the ass.
It's way too cold for self-ass kicking though. Definitely weather for watching ALL of The Sopranos.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
It's funny like that in this business. I've had the same thing happen where I am 100 percent sure that I did or didn't get something and I am completely wrong.
You just never know.
Post a Comment